The Thin White Line represents all those that are a part of our EMS system.
EMS is an intricate system, and each component of this system has an essential role to perform as part of a coordinated and seamless system of emergency medical care. An EMS system and those that comprise the Thin White Line include all of the following components:
1. Emergency medical technicians, advanced emergency medical technicians, emergency medical responders, paramedics, advanced practice paramedics, critical care paramedics, flight paramedics, community paramedics, and mobile integrated healthcare practitioners.
2. Agencies and organizations (both private and public)
3. Communications and transportation networks
4. Trauma systems, hospitals, trauma centers, and specialty care centers
5. Rehabilitation facilities
6. Highly trained professionals
- - Physicians, nurses, and therapists
- - Administrators and government officials
- - Volunteer and career prehospital personnel